Web deployment help

I had a go to deploy a Nowa app on render via GitHub and totally failed. Has anyone done this or something similar and willing to do a quick video> I don’t want to invest a lot of time until I can be sure it is “easy” to publish an app. Any pointers would be really appreciated.

Hey @Kieran_Saunders

First of all welcome to the community! So as I understood you tried to deploy using Github action for a local project you have and didn’t work, am I right?

Can you share with me the error you got? or any info that can help me know exactly what happen so I can help you.

Thanks for the welcome @anas

I am getting these error (please excuse me I use to be a PHP developer back in the day but this is a bit beyond me right now)

This is a test where I got the Nowa web build and create a new github repository and then try to run that (I thought it would be easier than the whole project)

If there is an easy way to deploy a web app please point me in the right direction.

Hey @Kieran_Saunders

The problem is that you trying to deploy the app using npm, but Nowa apps are Flutter apps (so by default it doesn’t have package.json which shows that it’s not there).

Nowa apps are based on Flutter, so you can deploy it within Nowa itself. Check this page (Deploy to Web | Nowa Documentation) or simply by running a command Flutter build web after installing Flutter SDK.

You can also use 3rd services to do so, just try to search on “Deploying Flutter apps to Web” to read more.

Hope this helps :slight_smile: